Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday's Mindsweep

I've had a lot on my mind lately.  Some of it I'll just keep there, but some things I'd like to share.  First, a little about my weekend.  Brian and I went to see The Dilemma.  I thought it was really funny and sad too!  It reminded me of the consequences of our decisions.  We put people in horrible predicaments sometimes.  ALL of our decisions have consequences and often times it is those we love the most that pay the price.

Saturday the kids had school.  Brian and I went and exchanged my glasses and I got some really sweet Ray-Bans.  They may not be for everyone, but the are definitely for me!

Saturday night I had a basketball game.  My girls lost, but I think they had fun.  Lennon had a game too.  I've never seen a 7/8 boys game where a kid goes to the ER in an ambulance, but it happened.  I think he cut his head and probably needed stitches.  I'm not really sure.

Sunday we had an awesome day at church.  Jimmy preached on giving.  It was a great message on the feeding of the 5,000.  I've heard that preached on so many times, but this time he brought up points I had never thought about.  One of the questions he asked was, "Do you think a little boy's lunch was the only lunch there or do you think there was a man with a man size lunch there?"  Of course the answer is there probably was a man sized lunch.  The difference is that the little boy offered what he had to be used in ways only God could use it.  He didn't wait until he had more food, he gave what he had.  God used it EXPONENTIALLY!  He wants to do the same for what we have; all we have to do is offer it to Him.  I encourage you to always listen with fresh ears.  You never know what you may hear.

I've been thinking a lot about openness and honesty in relationships.  I've already blogged about expectations so I won't go into how that can ruin relationships, but I think the biggest problem these days is secretiveness.  I want to be clear that I'm not blogging this about Brian and I!  I don't want any of you to get the wrong idea!  I've just been thinking about these things.  We have a society that secretiveness can happen so easily.  We can text without anyone knowing it.  We can even text to people in the same room as us about someone else in the room with us and they would never know.  We have social sites and email accounts where we can receive private messages.  I wonder how much the divorce rate has gone up because of Facebook - we reconnect with people from the past, send private messages and before you know it a marriage is ruined.  When I started thinking about this, I realized that I have passwords on my Facebook and emails and that Brian may not know them.  I emailed him at that moment to give him my passwords - keeps me accountable and everything in the open!  It's not a problem for us, I just decided to do it.  I hope that you will all check your relationships - marriage, friends, family, etc. and make sure that you are being honest in all you do!  Life will be better for it!

Enough for now, gotta run to basketball practice.  Hope you got something from my mindsweep!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment