Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday afternoon thoughts

So today I've spent a lot of time alone.  The boys are gone and Brian is hanging out with some buddies.  Lilikoi has been in her room most of the afternoon playing. 

I've been looking through pictures all afternoon.  I've looked at pictures from high school and college, wedding pictures and pictures from Florida.  I loved spending the afternoon thinking of all the people that I've had in my life over the years.  I've thought of teenage heartache and silly high school girl stuff.  I've thought of dear friends who are no longer here on earth and wondering what their lives would be like if they were still here.  I've thought of people that I would love to reconnect with.  I've imagined a warm sunny beach in Indialantic that seems to call my name in the back of my head.  As I've thought of those things from days gone by, I came back to the here and now.  As much as I think about the past, I know I am right where God wants me to be.  Even with a winter storm waiting to attack tonight, I have peace with all of it.  Funny how being in God's will can wipe away tears and make things you never wanted to deal with ever again seem right!

Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life, you made it this far
Welcome, you gotta believe
That right here right now, you're exactly where you're supposed to be...


I've never felt more in tune with God's will for my life than I have for the past year.  As I've thought of 2011, I've made some goals for myself and over the next few weeks I'm putting together a plan to make them reachable.  I've never been big on New Year's Resolutions but this year I've made some.  Most I'll keep to myself.  Looking forward to a great year!

In today's message I was challenged with "Do you want to leave a legacy of mediocrity or a legacy of meaning?" I'm striving for meaning these days!  Hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment