Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weird Week

What a week!  It all started with about 5 or 6 inches of snow followed by 1/4 inch of ice.  As most of you know, I hate this weather!  I can't believe that 7 days later it is still on the ground.  I am SOOOO ready for warm weather and flip flops!  Because of the weather I have had a tremendous amount of down time.  I spent the first three days of the week mostly in my sweats and watching a lot of Netflix.  I was so very thankful to go back to work on Thursday!  On Friday, I went to see The King's Speech.  It was an excellent movie.  It made me think about how we treat others.  Other things this week have made me think about that as well.  Sometimes things seem so harmless, but are they really?  Do we ever stop to think about the things we say - or don't say - to those around us, including the ones we love the most?  Sometimes the most innocent of things can hurt someone else so deeply.  Do we take the time to know how we can be the most considerate and respectful to others?  I know I fall really short of this sometimes.

Today's message from Jimmy Britt at Rocky River Church was awesome!  I'll leave you with this point from the sermon:  In order to live a compounding life, one that leaves a legacy of meaning and not mediocrity, we must decide to influence others toward God.  This will cost you some of your time and energy and there will be changes that you have to make.  You may have to step out of your comfort zone, but someone's eternity may be at stake.  God has a divine appointment for you and me and everyone else.  Are we simply going to blend in and be part of the crowd or are we going to do all that we can to point those we encounter to Jesus?  Every moment counts for something.

Tomorrow I'm back to the college grind.  Moments with nothing to do will be rare, so tonight, I will enjoy simply that - nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment